Words of Encouragement from Gary Hudgins

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

From: Gary Hudgins
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 19:28:01 EDT
To: info@DivasForACure.org
Subject: I saw you in Raleigh NC today


Hi Ladies, I was on my way home form work today and saw you on I-40 east heading into Raleigh, NC around 5:15pm. What a sight to see plus what an organization to find out about. I have never heard of you and decided to look up your web site when I logged on. I tried to toot my horn and give the thumbs-up to you but traffic was backing up and I could not get close. My mother who is an amazing lady has survived not one but two cancers. In 1980 she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and championed her way through the ordeal. Three years ago in 2005 she was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent an elective double mastectomy. Not to forget that 3 years prior to her diagnosis with breast cancer, my sister was also diagnosed with the disease and had a double mastectomy. Thankfully with testing I have been cleared by my doctor from carrying the gene...I guess we will see huh? But seeing you ride through town gave me chills in a happy way and made me realize the you are a hero to someone in your lives like my mom is my hero in my life. My mom however does not ride a "bike" and currently does not work due to being simply beat down by cancer. But she keeps on going and making her way through life. She can no longer work and is retired and is taking care of her husband who is also retired but is now suffering from strokes. So it was really great seeing strong and determined ladies making a difference by bringing awareness and raising funds to support research which sadly is not funded by our government. Good luck on your journey and be safe while riding the highways of our great country.

Warmest regards. Gary Hudgins - Morrisville, NC

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket