Monday July 24th - It's Getting Hot in Here

Monday, July 24, 2006

Jan just called. She is laying out somewhere is some dessert. She said it is really hot, and I believe her. This is just the second day of a really hard ride, so she is just getting a preview of what is in store. Let us all pray, that this is the worst of the ride, and that she will have safe and secure passage for the remainder of her journey.

Here are some photos from the start of their journey (Photos by Mike Smith).






---Original Message-----
From: Mike Smith
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 11:24 PM
To: pwsquare@pageturner.net

Subject: Hey Miss Pam

My pix I sent show the arrival, ceremony, and take off.

Miss Jan looked so great,everyone there was so together and respectful.

What a strong group of people

The last picture I sent was of Jan's children. All toghether, and all crying, so we hung out a little after the riders were gone.



I don't know if that would make Jan sad or not. But everything was cool.

Click Here to See all the photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25899742@N00/sets/72157594213429798/

-----------
July 23, 2006

Divas Ride For A Cure

Over the next 23 days, I will be riding for a cure for breast cancer and will be visiting 17 cities in 13 states across the U.S. on my Harley Davidson HD06 Street Glide motorcycle.
I am a member of the Divas for a Cure, an amazing non-profit organization committed to promoting education, early detection and research for a cure for cancer of any kind. This first annual cross country breast cancer ride will help raise money for the organization’s goals and a cure.

After buying a bike as a special birthday present to myself years ago, I became hooked on riding, and motorcycles have become my passion. I have an adventurous spirit and love the thrill of an adrenalin rush: from bungee jumping to roller-coasters. I’ll try just about anything once. It was great to find Real Divas Ride, a group of professional and inspiring women who share the hobby of riding. These woman and other volunteers have come together to participate in this first annual Divas for a Cure ride.

To me, The Breast Cancer Ride is a once in a life time event. Aside from the adventure of riding across America, the real thrill for me is riding for the cause and the opportunity to support such a positive thing, especially for women. I’m a diverse person and I love people. I’m looking forward to all the stories that will be told along the way and those that I get to bring back with me and hold close to my heart and tell my kids and someday my grandkids about. It’s such a neat thing.

The cause is close to me. I’ve lost several family members and a dear friend to cancer. We get so busy with our careers we often forget to take care of ourselves. Spreading the word about the importance of exams and helping educate women without health insurance is part of our mission. My personal goal is to raise $5,000 in sponsorships for the organization.

The ride kicks off on July 23 from the Dudley Perkins Company in San Francisco and continues on through cities such as Las Vegas, NV; Houston, TX; Pensacola, FL; Washington, DC; and New York, NY and will end up back in Oakland on August 14.

If you happen to see us on the road, honk to show your support of the cause!


Kim Terrell … “Special K”

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket