Survivors Speak: Breast Cancer Awareness October 2009

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Essence.com

Yulinda Lewis-Kelly

“In 1999 at the age of 34, I started having a bloody nipple discharge. Soon thereafter I was diagnosed with Stage Two breast cancer. I had a mastectomy and six months of brutal chemotherapy. Sometimes I wanted to just give up and die, but my faith kept me going. After eight years and being declared cancer-free, in 2007 I learned it was back. It was metastatic, and had spread to both sides of my lungs and hit my lymph nodes. I am on hormones to treat it, and will be for the rest of my life. I started my own business, The Celebration of Life-Cancer Awareness Organization, where I can encourage others to continue to fight.”

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yulinda, I have watched you as you go through this ordeal. You always have a smile on your face. You never complain. You always give God the glory. You are an inspiration to me and others. God Bless You!!!

 
◄Design by Pocket